Monday, June 21, 2010

Menu Plan Monday- Week of June 21, 2010

I just wanted to highlight some great recipes from last week:

The Strawberry Salad was just about the best thing I've tasted in a LONG time! I used Cashews because that is what I had. I also added a rotisserie chicken that we got from Whole Foods...delicious mixed into the salad...my girls loved it!

Strawberry Salad with Shallot-Honey Vinaigrette Recipe

If you eat Pork, the Asian Pork Tenderloin was delicious...it made the pork so tender and juicy. I ended up taking the leftover marinate..(I didn't pour any into the dish) and reduced it down to make a gravy..I just added a little chicken stock and it thickened right up! I didn't have any of the Asian Chili Paste, so I just used Red Pepper Flakes... my husband added more, but it was perfect for the little ones!

On to this weeks Menu Plan:

This weeks produce share will include:
Cauliflower
Red Leaf Lettuce
Cilantro
Yellow Squash
Zucchini
Roma Tomatoes
Garlic
Cucumber
Daikon
Radish
Cremini Mushrooms
Cherries
Yellow Peaches
Golden
Kiwis
Valencia Oranges
Bananas

Fruit Share:
Sugar Baby Watermelons, Golden Pineapples and
Strawberries!

Breakfasts: Oatmeal Bake ( w/ yellow peaches and bananas mmmm!), Baked Pancake, Eggs & Toast, Vegetable Frittata

Lunches: Chicken Salad, Leftovers, and Macaroni and Cheese with Peas

Snacks: Veggies, Fruit, Kefir Smoothies, Playgroup Granola Bars

Dinners:

Monday: Egg Salad Sandwiches (Uses Green Onions) with Nutty Brown Rice Salad

Tuesday: Strawberry Salad with Shallot Honey Vinaigrette ( have to make it again! (Uses Shallots, Strawberries and I use the Red Leaf Lettuce) Served with Cous Cous and Grilled Eggplant

Wednesday: Carne Asada Tacos (we chop up Cilantro and Tomatoes)

Thursday: Grilled Chicken with Jicama, Carrot and Green Apple Slaw (uses Daikon Radish)

Friday: Summer Squash w/ Rice and Chicken

Saturday: Easy Baked Tilapia (Uses Cauliflower)

Sunday: Veggie Pot Pie (put in any veggie you like!) I like to put in one sliced cooked chicken breast for protein

Thanks!






share on: facebook

1 comment: