Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm Back ! With Some Thursday Thoughts For You :)

We just got back from our vacation to NY, Maine and NH to see family, what a whirlwind. I had never been to Maine, and can't encourage you more to make it a "must see" place. It was beautiful, serene and felt like home the minute I arrived.

When we arrived home yesterday, it was only 9:30 am and I had already been up for 7 hours. Needless to say, I was exhausted. My husband, not so "aware" of this exhaustion decides that we should all bake scones together as a family.... go figure.

This spurred my thoughts on an almost 3 year old and a 14 month old in the kitchen...what is their place? What is a child's place in the kitchen at any age? Is there a guideline as to what is appropriate for each age? Our oldest, smeared the milk on top of the scones w/ the milk brush thingy and our 14 month old just focused on making her way to the top step of the stool. She thought of this herself, and that's about all I could have thought for her to do as well...

Anyways, I snapped some pictures for you all to enjoy as a smooth transition back into blogging again after an almost 2 week hiatus.


I'd love to hear your thoughts on how you involve your children in the kitchen!

Found some interesting links and cookbooks that I thought might be inspirational and appropriate !

Holiday Childrens Cookbook

Williams and Sonoma Kid's Baking

Tips for Involving Kids in the Kitchen

Thanks!



share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment