This week is a short week for us since I am taking the girls to Maine on Friday, so I will be taking everything perishable in fridge and trying to use it:
Breakfast: Cranberry Scones, Eggs & Toast, Pancakes( w/ Kefir instead of buttermilk), oatmeal and muesli
Lunches: Leftovers, Chicken salad if needed
Monday: Sweet and Spicy Stir Fry w/ Chicken & Broccoli
Tuesday: Garden Penne ( Vegetarian)
Wednesday: French Ham and Leek Shepard's Pie
Thursday: Grilled Chicken on Salad Greens w/ Quinoa & Carrots
Healthy....er Chocolate Chip Cookies (Recipe Below)
Indian Pudding- never made from last week
I'll be away next week, so I won't have a menu plan... Going to Maine for a family reunion!!! Yay!!
Here is the recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies... they are healthier too!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup organic unrefined white sugar
- 1 cup sucanat ( natural sugar) replacement for brown sugar.
- 1 teaspoon Black Strap Molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. Unbleached Flour
- 1 1/2 c. Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, sucanat and molasses until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour and chocolate chips Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
share on: facebook