Monday, July 6, 2009

Menu Plan Monday- Week of July 6th, 2009



Last week, I brought back an old time favorite that I had forgotten about until I had nothing in my fridge and pantry except lentils... the Snobby Joes.

I can't tell you how much we truly enjoy this meal. It is so delicious served open faced on a flaky hamburger bun. I know I didn't have it on my menu-plan, but by the end of the week, I hadn't gotten to the store to get the pineapple and other ingredients to make pizza for Friday. So I think the pizza will be moved to this week since I am getting pineapple in my produce share.


I also am going to start getting eggs and additional produce from the organic buying club I belong to. Here is a list of the items I will be receiving:

Spinach
Romaine
Broccoli
Celery
Baby Bok Choy
Carrots
Vidalia Onions
Red Peppers
Sweet Potatoes
Garlic
Gold Zucchinis
Mint

Grapefruit
White Nectarines
Yellow Peaches
Blueberries
Strawberries, golden pineapple, cherries!

and 4 dozen eggs!! Yay!! I will try to post a picture of everything tomorrow. I almost always forget once I get home to take a picture of everything.

Here is the menu for the week:

Monday: Chicken Noodle Soup ( delicious!) w/ Baked Sweet Potatoes

Tuesday: Herb Yogurt Grilled Chicken w/ Strawberry Spinach Salad

Wednesday: Turkey Spaghetti w/ Golden Zuchini & Salad

Thursday: Sweet BBQ Tater Tot Casserole w/ Broccoli

Friday: Pizza w/ Pineapple, Onion and Green Pepper mmmmmm

Saturday: Slow Cooker Butter Chicken w/ carrots

Sunday: Leftovers

Well, that's about it... I have a lot of new recipes that I am trying this week, but I wanted to spice it up a bit! We'll see how everything turns out!!

Thanks
Kristen


share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment