This week I am getting back on schedule after having family in town for the last 8 days. This means bedtime, bathtime, mealtimes, naptimes...everything is getting back on track! Yippee. Here are my meals for this week:
Breakfasts: Eggs & Toast, Smoothies, Pancakes and MAYBE----Waffles, we'll see
Lunch: All the dinners leftovers, yeah baby!
Monday: (Dinner at Nana's) But I am making ahead a Chicken Noodle Soup Secret Ingredient! (RECIPE BELOW)
Tuesday: Chicken Noodle Soup (Recipe Below)
Wednesday: Picadillo w/ Naan & Broccoli
Thursday: Snobby Joes w/ Whole Foods Buns mmmm.... and veggies
Friday: Pizza- going to attempt making my own dough. We put whatever we've got in the fridge...spinach, whatever. I have a lot of frozen ham, so I might thaw some out and put that on there with some pineapple.
Saturday: Burgers, corn and potato salad
Sunday: Crock Pot Short Ribs
Chicken Noodle Soup w/ SECRET INGREDIENT!!!
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken meat
- 1 cup peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup canned whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup peanut butter )SECRET INGREDIENT!!! Delicious
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup egg noodles
- In a large stock pot, combine the broth, chicken, potatoes, and carrots. Bring the soup to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium. Cook for about 10 minutes, till vegetables are tender.
- Add zucchini, broccoli, tomatoes, celery, onion, green pepper, and garlic. Simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Add peanut butter, parsley, salt, and pepper; stir until peanut butter is fully blended. Simmer for 3 minutes longer.
- 10 minutes before you are ready to serve, add egg noodles.
share on: facebook