Sunday, January 31, 2010

Menu Plan Monday- Week of February 1, 2010


Well, the eat from your pantry challenge is Finally Over...it was tough, but we made it through..with only a few slip ups here and there.

Some major winners from last week were the Braised Bok Choy- DELICIOUS! and the Teryaki Steak was so good....highly recommend. The two recipes went together perfectly.

The Magic Mango Bread came out well too. Next time, I would chop my Mango's smaller.


This week, I am going to try to use up some of my spices because they have been in my pantry for a while. So I am going to use the ingredients search on Allrecipes.com (one of my favorite menu plan tools) and find some recipes that will help me use my veggies and my spices...can it be done? Let's see...

This Tuesday is a pick up day for our Produce Share. Here is what we will be receiving:

Broccoli Crowns
Carrots
Green Kale
Romaine Lettuce
White Mushrooms
Roma Tomatoes
Fennel
Curly Parsley
Garlic
Red Peppers
Braeburn Apples
Navel Oranges
Kent
Mangos
Ruby
Grapefruits

BananasFruit Share: Blueberries, Temple Oranges and Crenshaw Melons

This week's menu plan:

Breakfasts: Oatmeal( Slow Cooker), Eggs & Toast, Waffles

Lunches: Lunches: Leftovers, Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Tuna Melts

Snacks: Fruits, Veggies, Hummus, Muesli Bars, Quinoa Tabbouleh

Dinners:

Monday: Leftover Beef Stew- Slow Cooker- Have enough for a whole meal

Tuesday: Herbed Chicken Nuggets with Orange Glazed Carrots and sauteed zucchini

Wednesday: Toscana Soup- Uses Kale with homemade bread bowls


Friday: Spicy Turkey Burgers with Broccoli and couscous cooked in chicken broth


Sunday: Super Bowl!! Mahogany Chicken Wings , Chili with homemade Bread bowls, The Dip...recipe below., Guacamole, Winter Fruit Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing... more to come when I think of things....


The Dip-
This dip is AWESOME....really unhealthy but soooo good:

1 Can Hormel No Bean Chili
1 Block of Cream Cheese
1 Cup of Cheddar Cheese

In a 9x9 baking dish, spread cream cheese on bottom, then chili and cover with cheese. Bake in the oven at 350 for 10 min or until cheese is melted. Enjoy! I usually serve them with tortilla chips. The scoops work really well.


Thanks!


share on: facebook

4 comments:

  1. That dip seems too easy! I always use velveeta to make queso (which is pricey and not so good for you). While this isn't the healthiest dip, it seems more cost effective! And, it's good splurge here and there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the produce sounds wonderful! Wish we had somethinglike that around here!
    Thanks for sharing the recipes too! i will have to check them out!
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we had that produce deal available here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your planning for the week it does make it easier. I'm a new Friday Follow hope to see you soon

    ReplyDelete