This week is a kitchen cabinet week. This means I am not going shopping due to a tighter budget, and we are making due with whatever we have in our cabinets and fridge:
Last week I tried out the Mexicali Casserole which I attached the recipe to. I thought it was OK, just OK. I would definitely make it again and keep it in the fridge for an easy go-to lunch. We all ate it, but it was a little plain and bland. Thanks!
Monday: Spaghetti w/ meat sauce, broccoli and bread
Tuesday: Spicy Turkey Burgers (Recipe Below) w/ attempted homemade buns- usually served on whole foods buns...so good
Wednesday: Honey Mustard Chicken w/ String Beans and Rice
Thursday: Black Bean Chili w/ homemade corn bread and spinach
Friday: Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup- w/ a secret ingredient....recipe to come
Saturday: Picadillo w/ Naan bread, brown rice and mixed veggies...recipe to come
Sunday: Slow Cooker Thai Chicken
Spicy Turkey Burgers Originally got this recipe off of allrecipes.com, but I have tweaked it a little to fit our needs. I also have it doubled so I can save some in the freezer.
- 4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1.5 medium onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 2teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Bragg's Amino Acids- (replacement for soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground dry mustard or even 2 tablespoons course mustard
- 2tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the grill for high heat.You can also heat a frying pan and put a little oil in it.
- In a bowl, mix the ground turkey, garlic, ginger, onion, cilantro, salt, Bragg's Amino Acids, black pepper, paprika, mustard, cumin, and Worcestershire sauce. Form the mixture into 16 burger patties.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place turkey burgers on the grill, and cook 6 minutes per side, until well done.
- Serve with Fresh Spinach, Tomato and your favorite condiment. I love to use mayo, but my husband uses a hot pepper relish which he loves....
- Place extra patties on plastic wrap and individually seal them. When ready to use, place in refrigerator that morning or night before.
share on: facebook