Monday, September 14, 2009

Menu Plan Monday -Week of September 13, 2009

This week, I am continuing to share with you my receipts from food shopping. I went on a small trip this weekend, costs are below. So stay tuned for more receipts as I will have to go to the store at some point for more milk, eggs and pasta!
Here is what I will be receiving this week from the Organic Buying Club I belong to:

Orange Cauliflower
Red Cabbage

Spinach
Red Leaf Lettuce
Tomatoes

Acorn Squash
Sweet Onions

Cilantro
Cremini Mushrooms

Russet Potatoes
Garlic

Ginger
Gold Apples
Yellow Nectarines Valencia Oranges Yellow Peaches Bananas
Fruit Share: Black Seedless Grapes, Honey Dew Melon and
Sugar Baby Watermelon

Here is my meal plan for the week:

Breakfast: Eggs & Toast, Waffles, Pancakes, Oatmeal

Lunches: Leftovers, Quesadillas & Chicken Salad

Snacks:
Play Group Granola Bars- SOOO GOOOOD I use Agave instead of Honey!

Dinners:
Monday:
Pulled Pork Sandwiches- Leftovers from Sunday!

Tuesday: Chicken Fajitas w/ Fresh Cilantro, mashed black beans, red peppers and rice.

Wednesday: Shepard's Pie

Thursday: Grilled Chicken Salad w/ homemade Rice Pilaf- EASY RECIPE I'll share this week! This will use the redleaf lettuce and tomatoes


Friday: Chicken and Dumplings w/ fresh crimini mushrooms from Better Homes and Gardens Cook book

Saturday: Moroccan Stuffed Acorn Squash but with Quinoa instead of Cous Cous like in the recipe. (Vegetarian)

Sunday:
Cauliflower Hamburger Casserole



Well, that's about it. Depending on my monetary budget. I might add in a Rotisserie Chicken ( I know, cheating) to Saturday's meal, but you can get them at costco for about $4.


We'll see. I'll keep you posted.



Weekend Receipts:
Frozen Organic Peas- $1.64 Tortillas- All Natural - $ 2.88 Rotisserie Chicken- $ 6.75 at Publix (Cheating Again) aahhhh

Total w/ Tax: $12.00


Added to Previous Receipts- Grand Total: $ 317.00

I am researching the closest Grass Fed Beef Farm to Florida. If I find anything I will post about it.

Thanks!

Add Video

Remove Formatting from selection



share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment