Sunday, December 6, 2009

'Twas the Night Before....


'Twas the Night Before Tomorrow which would make it Tonight,
I pledge to wash all my dishes have not one in sight.
The socks are in the wash cleaning with care,
hoping I remember to dry them so they'll be ready to wear.
The children are nestled all snug in their beds,
without a bath I might add, so don't smell their little heads.
With mama so tired from kids always on her lap,
She has visions of sleeping through the night or maybe just a short nap.
When out in the living room she trips over the kids toys,
wondering who can I blame the little girls or the boys.
Away to the toy room she flew like a flash,
Tore open the toybox and threw in the kid's stash.
The moon shaped bump on her left big toe,
Was aching with pain she thought how could they not know.
When what to her weary tired eyes should appear,
but all her little children who couldn't help but hear,
That they made mommy mad, boy they made her upset,
so they picked up their toys,gave her a hug and made mommy smile yet....

Just something I was thinking up while doing the dishes tonight
and thought I'd write it down.
Can anyone else relate?

Thanks!


share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment