Monday, September 19, 2011

Menu Plan Monday- Week of Sept 19, 2011

Just wanted to share with you all my previous post link here....
it's for a great  cause, and if you're a blogger too, 
you might want to contact Sarah to help the cause! 
Thanks!



My oldest child, Lily turned 5 yesterday..I can't believe it...sniffle sniffle. 
In less emotional news...
We had a baking party, and it went really well...going to post about it this week! 


As for our menu plan for last week, it was kind of scattered. We were expecting to have a little more income than we actually did so I had to improvise a lot and create many meals that weren't on the plan! You will see a lot of repeats this week to use up the produce.

Glazed Chicken Wings Recipe
One of my favorites that I did on the fly is these Chicken Wings....I had a ton of them in the freezer from Costco.  My husband said they were the best Sweet Wings he's had! I did switch up the recipe amounts a little because I had run out of BBQ sauce, we use Bragg's Amino Acids instead of Soy Sauce which tastes saltier so I use less, and I didn't really measure the honey....BUT... all that said, this recipe is a great starting point!

Now for this weeks Menu Plan:
Here is what we have left from our produce share this week:
CHIOGGA BEETS
GREEN CABBAGE- 1/2 head
CARROTS
ESCAROLE
ROMAINE LETTUCE
FENNEL
AVOCADOS
GRAPE TOMATOES
SHALLOTS
GREEN KIWIS


Here is our Menu Plan for the Week:
 
Breakfasts:
Eggs & Toast
Cereal 
 
Lunches:
I'm going out on a limb and going to try this- never made from last week.
Whole Wheat Blueberry Beet Muffins Recipe
 
 
Fruit Salsa w/ homemade cinnamon chips

Easy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe

 
 
Dinners:
Glazed Chicken Wings Recipe
Monday:  Glazed Chicken Wings...again! Yes, they are that good!

 Pork Dumplings Recipe
 Tuesday:         Pork Dumplings...never made this last week either!Subbing in Ground Turkey


Wednesday: 

Friday:  Date Night!! In-laws are in town...yay!!

Saturday:  Birthday Party- Dinner Provided
Sunday: Split Pea Soup- Uses Ham Bone I froze from Ham I got from Costco.


Thanks!








share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment