Wednesday, June 3, 2009

How Was It? Wednesday


Last night I made Baked Kale Chips, and they were pretty good. I over salted them, and that was the only part about it that wasn't so good. I also would have liked to have them overall be a little more crispy, and I think I could have accomplished that by lowering the temp, and keeping them in a little longer. I used garlic salt as well.

Here is the recipe:
Baked Kale Chips -
Note: These are not like potato chips, they are still veggies :)

1 bunch of Kale

1 T Oil

1 t. Garlic Salt


Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Wash and Dry Kale in Salad Spinner. Remove stems and cut leaves into small pieces. Place on baking sheet with parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil and garlic salt. Put in oven. Bake for about 4 minutes and move them around or turn them over. Bake for approx another 2-4 minutes or until you have reached the desired crispiness. Don't over bake, they burn fast! Tip: I thought this would be great to use some sort of infused oil like rosemary or thyme, or garlic.
share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment