Monday, June 15, 2009

Menu Plan Monday- Week of June 15, 2009 w/ Recipes



This morning, I made a smoothie ( or a smooshie as Lily likes to call it!) for a mid morning snack. I'm telling you....you can put ANYTHING in smoothies! MY husband was getting nervous about all the vegetables that were still in my fridge from the CSA produce from this week. So I put two heads of bok choy leaves in, and Lily didn't even think twice about asking for seconds! This is a Kefir smoothie mind you! Here is what I used- I eyeballed the amounts, but I can try to round out measurements for you!:

1c. ice cubes
1 1/2 c. strawberries
1 banana
2 heads bok choy leaves only
1 T. wheat germ- raw
3/4 c. Kefir
1 T. maple syrup
Place in blender and blend on high for about 1 min.

There you go! Who knew all those crazy ingredients could be so good.






Here's my Menu for the Week:

Breakfast:
Oatmeal, Eggs & Toast, Whole-Wheat Pancakes w/ Kefir

Lunch:
Leftovers, Quesadillas & Curried Chicken Salad

Snacks:
Smoothies, Fruit, Veggies & Peanut Butter, Cashews and Raisins

Dinner:

Monday: Ham and Leek Shepard's Pie- DELICIOUS!!

Tuesday: Spaghetti w/ Ground Turkey and Costco Garlic Bread

Wednesday: Vegetable Masala w/ brown rice- VEGETARIAN

Thursday: Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken w/ Spaghetti Squash and Rice Pilaf- Recipe below

Friday: Pizza w/ pineapple, green pepper and onion and homemade dough- VEGETARIAN

Saturday: Shrimp/Tomato/Lemon Kebabs on the BBQ w/Corn and Cous Cous

Sunday: FATHER'S DAY- Daddy's Choice! Not sure what that is yet :)


I love the Near East brand of Rice Pilaf. I did a little researching and found a recipe that I am going to try this week with a few changes. The recipe called for chicken bouillion cubes which I am not a fan of, so I am just going to use chicken stock in place of the water and bouillion:

1/2 cup brown rice
1/2 vermicelli, broken into pieces or orzo
2 Tbl. butter, Margarine, or Olive Oil
2 1/4 c. chicken stock
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbl. dried parsley

Melt butter (if using) in large skillet with well fitting lid. Brown
pasta in butter or oil. Add rice and stir to coat. Add stock and spices. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer about 50
minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.


share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment